Friday, April 6, 2012

backing up a bit- St. Patricks Day

 Let me back up a bit.  This is St. Patrick's Day fun.  I saw this at on-hand modern.  I loved it.  Sending a balloon in a box.   We have a special person that we wanted to send a special treat to.


Lou and I stopped by the flower shop with our box all ready.  We had the gal at the counter roll up a $2 bill and insert it into the balloon prior to inflating.  We tied it to a card we printed from Make It Do.  We used them last year with the kids too.  I love $2 bills.   (sorry these photos are taken with my ipod)


We sealed it up (and labeled it carefully) and immediately took it to the post office.  I knew time was not on our side for a helium balloon needing to travel a couple hundred miles. 


 We got an email when the balloon arrived at it's destination and the poor thing had shriveled up pretty well.  It was a sorry looking balloon at that point.  But, when it was popped, the $2 was found. 


Then, a few days later, this arrived for us.  What a treat!  I love this and I had not seen it anywhere online.  It's a baggie with a rainbow of twizzlers.  The labels reads, "You are the Pot of Gold a the end of our rainbow."  There are two golden coins in there too!   Lou gobbled it up but Bee has nibbled but has it mostly left.  She's silly like that.

No comments: