Wednesday, December 30, 2009

cheesy beany goodness

I meant to ask yesterday if you had a favorite warm soup recipe. Leave a comment here and share a link to your blog or favorite recipe online. We're freezing in IN and some warm soup could sure hit the spot. (I think I'll go add this to yesterday's posting too)

on to today's post:

Enviromom shared this great recipe for bean puree. My kiddos will eat anything with cheese on it, so I thought this might spice things up a bit.



White Bean Puree
3 cups cooked or canned navy or other white beans, drained
About 1 cup vegetable stock or water
3 tablespoons EV olive oil
Salt & pepper
Warm beans on stove top. Puree beans in a food processor or blender using as much liquid to make them smooth but not watery. Put back in a saucepan along with olive oil. Heat gently. (This is when I added about 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese. )


We served it over bow tie noodles. Hubby and the kids raved. It was a favorite- I'll be making it again really soon.


sign of a good meal:

1 comment:

Mama King said...

Sounds very comforting. Cheese does make most things taste so yummy!