Wednesday, March 6, 2013

teacher jumper refashion

It's a teacher jumper refashion... at night... in the basement... Photos are the appropriate quality for a nighttime basement photo shoot.

Here's the before.  I used to wear this teacher jumper all the time. My mom got it for me at least 12 years ago. She used to really like to shop at Christopher Banks.  I have an apple one, a denim one, and a fuzzy cat one.  It used to have a short sleeve blue jacket with it. I'm not sure where that's gone to.

 
I actually like the fabric.  It's sort of a thin cream linen with little children playing outside.  I knew I wanted to do a little remake with it but it has sat in my in-progress basket for at least three years.  I don't know why it took so long to get it out because this redo took half an hour tops.


I'll be wearing it again this spring!  I chopped in off just above the knee and used that fabric to create a belt and two ruffles.  Nothing fancy.   I had hoped to be able to add a little sleeve, but this was literally every scrap available.

This has be excited to tackle other projects just waiting in the basket!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

That's awesome Beth! I love reading about clothing remakes.

JoAnna said...

Hmmm, were you inspired by my own rufflefest over the summer? That is quite a transformation! I did love wearing the teacher jumpers and dared to do so when I was just 21 but now I realize how dumpy they really looked and we should never have succumbed to that fashion disaster! I don't wear belts, so I wouldn't be able to wear this one, but the ruffles add pizzazz!! And just shortening it modernized it by about 2 decades!