Tuesday, June 7, 2011

car trip = project done


We took a car trip this weekend to see my Grandma. Road trips mean that I get some handwork done in the car.  I finished this baby blanket that I started in the winter.  It's called a slanted shell stitch.  Now I just need a friend to have a baby girl so I can gift it.


It's not a hard stitch but sure looks different than a regular DC, which was my old go-to for a blanket. 

Row 1:  Created a chain for the length of the blanket. Slanted shell is done in multiples of 5 (+2).
Row 2: 3 DC in the 3rd chain from the hook, Skip 3 chains, single crochet in the next chain, *chain 3, 3 double crochet in the next chain. Skip 3 chains, single crochet in the next chain. Repeat from * for the width of piece.
Row 3: Chain 4, 3 double crochet in the 3rd chain from the hook. *Skip the 3 double crochet, single crochet in the chain 3 space, chain 3, Work 3 double crochet in the same chain 3 space. Repeat across from * for the width  of piece.

Continue with row 3 for the preferred height of piece. 

2 comments:

Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

I wish I could finish a blanket lol I can only semi crochet lol

Love the pink blanket

Heather said...

I just finished crocheting my first baby blanket using this pattern. I have one question. The pattern felt like it was missing a step at the end of each row. Beginning crocheters may be left scratching their head. Here's what I did, which could be wrong...
At the end of each row “SC in top of ch 4, Ch 4, Turn."
Thanks for sharing your pattern with us. I put photos on my Ravelry page.
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/NCcowgirl/cuddly-soft-baby-blanket