Friday, March 15, 2013

a tear free mama

I was pretty sure I'd cry a bucketful of tears the day Lou got a haircut, a short haircut, where we lost the curls.   This winter, the curls turned to puff and it was time for them to go.  I was surprisingly calm about it.  It was Lou who cried a bucketful of tears.


He was crying, "I don't even know who I am anymore!"   Happily, a few days later, he's embraced the short cut and says he's not going back.  I am tempted to let it grow a little this summer and see what happens.  It was like those curls were there one day and gone the next.  (This is our sweet hair girl, cake girl, chicken friend, good buddy who agrees to come to our house to cut our hair!)


It's short.  Short.  and he's all grown up all of a sudden.  But those curls, oh those sweet curls had turned to puff and he kept getting called a girl.  

 
Looks at those locks!


This muscle picture is like two weeks ago, pre haircut.   


This one is last week. He gained about three years.


Oh, they're both so big.  Ok, now I might cry. 

2 comments:

Aunt Donna said...

I know you miss the curls, however they may come back one day. Thompson had curls as a toddler, then straight blonde hair for the next 10 to 15 years. Even though he keeps it short, it's now very curly again.

Unknown said...

He looks almost bigger than your daughter. I've bought stuff from your etsy shop. I used to read your blog a long time ago, some how stopped, last time I read it, he had that eye issue because of the soap. I was cleaning out my papers and came across something I printed out from your blog about story problems, and decided to look up your site again. I did not even recognize your son. I had to keep reading back until I found when you gave him the haircut. OH MY GOD, the curls are gone, but he looks so handsome. And he has had such a growth spurt... is he taller than your daughter now? I'm glad all is going well with you! Funny how you read a blog for so long, it's like an old friend... I have a 3rd grader, and 1st grader too... a Kindergartener also. I've always loved your crafts and school projects you have done with your kids.