Monday, April 4, 2016

Daddy Daughter dance and 2 full tummies


I probably should have titled this posted Throwback Thursday... or Monday... if you're a stickler like that.  I feel like some days I'm just working triage.  I put out one fire and then another and then get some kids to soccer, or track... or baseball... or play practice.  Then someone always thinks we should have dinner and then there's that too. 

But never mind that.  This throwback Monday is in attempts to get a bit caught up here before summer comes.  We seriously have like 33 days of school left.  Praise the Lord.  



Dear hubby took Bee to a daddy daughter dance this Valentine's day at our church.  It was our church's first time and it was a great success.  The dads all took their little sweet peas out to dinner and then to the church for dancing, candy, and I'm sure general shenanigans. 

Bee picked out this dress and it was a bit of a compromise.  It wasn't little-girl enough for me, but she liked it and goodness gracious- she'll be in middle school next year!  She had to throw on a sweater of mine at the last minute, as it was a chilly evening.  She's taken over my favorite red sweater, but the thought that we could share some clothes soon is intriguing! She's more trending than I am and that might not be a bad deal for me occasionally.  


Daddy and Bee went to her favorite pizza place in town and met up with some other and dancing dad couples.  Lou said he wanted to take me out for dinner too.   He wanted buffet and I wanted sushi so we ended up at a new-to-us China buffet in town that some students have recommend.  Oh dear!  Gluttony Buffet should have been the name of it.  There was so much food and it was all amazing (plus I've been eating so healthy for months- it was all so fried and fatty- pretty much the best food I'd ever eaten).  We ate and ate and then ate some more and then had ice-cream.  When the bill came we giggled because Lou is still well within the age for the children's price but he said, "Did they not see how much I ate?"  We got out of there for $15!    I think we paid for it the next day though as we were both feeling a bit yuck the entire day.   My sweet kids wanted to take me out to my favorite restaurant the next day for my birthday so there was more food- I think I could have gone without eating the rest of the weekend! 

If I get to it, tomorrow can be throwback Tuesday.  And then Wednesday. And then by Thursday I'll be following the rules of the throwback. 

No comments: