Monday, December 3, 2012

icecream- preschool part 2


Ii icecream day!  I used mostly last years ideas, with a few new things added.  Here's last years.




I came home from Thanksgiving at my Grandma's house with this icecream Christmas ornament. Nothing says Christmas like icecream, huh?  Anyway, I wanted to make up something similar for Ii icecream day at preschool.  I made myself use what I had on hand, so instead of burlap, I used posterboard covered in felt. Instead of pom poms (because I was a few short), I used yarn that I made into pom poms.



I made each child a vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate.  This was one of those projects where I thought, no problem, this wont take too long, and then half way through, I had to reconsider the invested time verse the time left to complete.  Time invested won and I finished all 60. 


We used them to sort of dance and sing along to Laurie Berkner's song, Icecream.


I also added this little rhyming flannel board

5 Ice Cream Cones
Five ice cream cones at the ice cream shop 
But no one wanted to buy them with vanilla on top 
One little icecream took some time to think 
He mixed in some bubblegum and turned himself pink 
Little Suzie(student)came along And took that yummy ice cream home 

Four ice-cream cones at the ice cream shop 
But no one wanted to buy them with vanilla on top 
Then one little ice-cream knew what he should do 
He mixed in some blueberries and turned the color blue 
Little __________ came along and took that yummy ice-cream home. 

3 little ice creams at the ice cream shop 
But no one wanted to buy them with vanilla on top 
One little ice cream was a smart little fellow 
He mixed in some lemonade and turned himself yellow. 
Little ___________ came along and took that yummy ice cream home.

2 Little Ice Cream cones at the ice-cream shop 
But no one wanted to buy them with vanilla on top. 
One little ice-cream got an idea in his head 
He mixed in some raspberries and turned his color to red. 
Little ____________came along and took that yummy ice-cream home. 

One little ice-cream at the ice-cream shop 
But no one wanted to buy it with vanilla on top 
Alone and sad, he really wanted to go, 
So he mixed in all the colors and made himself rainbow!

Make sure to check out last years ideas, these items build on that.

No comments: