Wednesday, July 18, 2012

back to school wreath

My co teacher and I are in school mode for sure!  I told her I love this time of year because you are fully refreshed, optimistically ready to get back in, and everything seems doable.  All ideas seems like a good ideas and the rigors of the day-to-day school things aren't weighing you down.   


We're going with a school supply/art supply ish theme for the beginning of the year.  After that, we pretty much go seasonal. I suppose this is seasonal as well, but without the apples so much.  This will be our first year to teach together (but we've been excited and waiting to do so!) but she was Lou's teacher the past two years and was Bee's teacher too.  I know we're going to be a really great team. 

Here's my first decor project.  I made this wreath by hot-glueing fabric strips of fabric sort of scrunched up on a flat wooden cutout.  I got the wooden rings at a garage sale for a nickle a piece.  I knew they'd come in handy.  I had all the school supply stuff at home except the little chalkboard easel, which was from Michaels for $1. Everything is hot glued on.  I've got a bulletin board brewing that we get to work on soon! 

No comments: