Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ll ladybug day part 2 (songs mostly)


We had our ladybug day at preschool.  I used last years materials, but added two songs that I wanted to share. 



We sang this one after I passed out the ladybug pieces for the rhyming activity.  You'll have to click here to see more about that. 




I'm a Little Ladybug
Sung to: "I'm a little Teapot"

 
I'm a little ladybug on the go,
Landing on an arm, now an elbow.
See me fly around and around your hand,
Now watch as on your thumb I land.
I'm a little ladybug searching for some toes,
But watch me quickly land on your nose.
Now I look around and head for your hair,
I muss it up a bit, then pat it down with care.
I'm a little ladybug looking for a knee,
I'm just so happy you're not bugged by me.
Now you see me heading for your chest,
This little ladybug needs some rest.

Then we sang this one with a few of the ladybug pieces on the felt board.  I didn't make anything new this year, which is really great sometimes. most of the time.

Five Little Ladybugs
Five little ladybugs climbing up a door
One flew away then there were four
Four little ladybugs sitting on a tree
One flew away then there were three
Three Little ladybugs landed on a shoe
One flew away then there were two
Two little ladybugs looking for some fun
One flew away and then there was one
One little ladybug sitting in the sun
She flew away and then there were none

No comments: