Thursday, March 31, 2011

butterfly palace

The coolest thing we did while visiting my mom was go to the Butterfly Palace.  This is in Branson, MO.  I'm sure there have to be similar places around, but this was just really neat.  It's mostly pictures today, all ones from our visit.


I think this first one is called a paper kite butterfly. 


This guy with the eyeballs on his wings is the same as the blue one a few pics down.  They were deceiving.  I think it's a blue morpho.






Hubby was the most patient and the best butterfly 'catcher.'

Bee tried and tried to get one to land on her. 





Lou only caught them on accident.




Here's my mom with the kids.  Bee is pretty mad that another little girl had many on her.  She was picking them up off the feeders, a clear NO NO for anyone that read the signs.

Bee is still hoping to catch a butterfly. 

No comments: