Thursday, March 10, 2011

a little of this and a little of that

I'm giving myself only 5 minutes to blog this evening.  I forgot about a project that I need for tomorrow morning.  It's just now 8 pm and I think if I hustle myself downstairs I can get it done tonight.  I got up at 4:30 this morning so I need to sew quickly and efficiently so I can get to bed.  Look at me, I've already wasted 2 minutes on that unnecessary explanation.

Awhile back, I shared our solution to the unwearable turtlenecks.  Bee has a cute turtleneck dress that she's been refusing to wear.  Duh on my end, of course, it's a turtleneck.  I chopped it off and sewed the neck under and it's wearable again.  I had some extra fabric from the whacking of the previous choking neck line and quickly turned it into a headband.  I stitched up three of those little fabric flowers that everybody is making these days and stitched them on too.  


Glad we're able to wear this dress again, now fully accessorized.  I only wish is was too warm to wear a long sleeve dress.  Unfortunately, it's very much this dress weather.  Between the cold temps and the constant rain, I'm forgetting what the big deal is about spring.   I'm supposed to be able to put out some seeds in just over a week, but I haven't even been able to get out and till. 

No comments: