Sunday, June 27, 2010

Is this weird?

Is it weird to go exploring in a cemetery? We did some letterboxing at the end of last week and it took us to a huge cemetery. I don't think it's weird... not really weird... but hubby does.

The civil war section was really neat. I thought it was really sad that some of the grave are unmarked.

We searched for three different boxes, but came up empty handed. We found the spot described, but there were no boxes. One of the boxes was to be inside this cannon.

I discovered there were additional boxes listed on the site atlas quest that weren't on the letterboxing site I have linked to before. Atlas quest isn't as user friendly or as visually attractive, but there were more boxes there for us. I've written about letter boxing a number of times. I hope someone else has tried it after reading about it here. Are you a letterboxer? Have you ever tried it?

3 comments:

grandma said...

I don't think it is weird. We have guided walks through the cemetary here with people in costumes of the time.

grandma said...

I don't think it is weird. We have guided walks through the cemetary here with people in costumes of the time.

Phyllis said...

I have always wanted to try letterboxing, but I just never have gotten around to it.
I think cemetaries are cool. We have rubbings from some of my ancestor's gravestones.