Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter and Bee's Easter outfit

When I shared Lou's Easter outfit last week, I said that Bee wasn't interested in a matchy matchy outfit.  When I was asked this week to pattern test again for Jessica at Happy Together, I decided to use that as an excuse to make her something anyway.   I will be sharing another post about the dress and pattern later, but wanted to go ahead and show the kids in their Easter outfits.


I shared about Lou's outfit here.  The top fabric of Bee's dress is leftover from Lou's pants.  It's from the random pile of fabric my neighbor Abbey gave me.  The bottom is from some fabric that my sister in law gave me.  It was designed to be a bed skirt or curtain, but I think it added the right amount of girly-ness to the dress.


It had to be lined, but I think we are both happy with how it turned out.   They both love that they match. 


I can't believe that in the past three Easters that I have never made them matching holiday outfits.  With how cute they look now, I may have started something.



I threw on some over sized buttons at the last minute.  She loves that they are trick buttons.  I can't wait to show more about the dress. I made this and another one with some fabric Bee chose. It was a fun pattern to work with.


Enough about our outfits.  We are off to church.  Hope you find lots of eggs today. Happy Easter.
If you're at our house, enjoy some birthday cake- happy birthday Hubby!

3 comments:

grandma said...

Cute kids and the pattern is a winner. The kids seem to enjoy modeling for you. Happy Easter and birthday celebration. I am going to sunrise service in a tent by the pond then meet Carol at her church.

Sugarbug Boutique said...

Love the outfits!!
Happy Easter!

Danielle said...

The kids are super cute! That's awesome that they pose for pictures. Mine didn't want to sit still at all yesterday.