Saturday, April 23, 2011

Egging and some empty rolls

I don't know how I don't have any pictures of this, but we egged Bee's friend's house last week.  It's a fun kind of egging!  I first read about it at Sun Scholars.   You hide a dozen plastic eggs filled with goodies in a friend's front yard.  You leave an egg carton on the doorstep then ring the bell and run.  They search for the eggs and then 'egg' another  friend's house.  For the carton we made up, I glued a cute poem and graphic to the front.  Again, not sure how I didn't get a picture, but I got the poem from Sun Scholars.   I borrowed the graphic from this blog.

Another last minute Easter thing we  made were these empty tomb rolls.  I read about them on the afternoon of Good Friday and just happened to have some bread dough rising for rolls that night.  I turned some of my dough into these guys.  Not enough though, they were so tasty, they got eaten right up.  They are rolled in cinnamon sugar and have a surprise inside. 



They are empty.  The tomb is empty.  I wish I would have had these for Lou's school Easter party.  Next year!


Want to know how they get 'empty ' on the inside?  The dough is rolled around a large marshmallow.  


The bread bakes and the marshmallow melts down.  Can you see some of the sticky goodness at the bottom of the roll?  I used this roll recipe for the dough.

I read about the Empty tomb rolls here at feathers from my nest.  She uses some kind of freezer roll dough and likes the results from that too.

3 comments:

grandma said...

The rolls are great. I want one right now with my breakfast.

Danielle said...

The egging peoples house made me laugh. That's so cute! I also found a recipe about the rolls from a different website a few days ago and I am going to try them today when I can get out to the store for marshmellows.

http://savvyspending-meghan.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-activity-make-resurrection-rolls.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SavvySpending+%28Savvy+Spending%29

Sugarbug Boutique said...

Love the egging idea!! Too bad I just read it today....I guess there's always next year!