Sunday, April 17, 2011

new to me- bulk from the food co-op

We tried something new.  We bought some dry goods in bulk at the local food co-op.  We end up there once a month to pick up our meat CSA allotment.  It turned out working really well and now I know how much to pick up the next month.  I bought organic oats, succanant, spelt flour, raw honey, and sesame seeds.


Here's this month's trip. Can you tell it was raining outside when I took this photo?  The sun should come out for a little this afternoon, then it's more storms!   I bought more oats, coconut, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and dried papaya. I was looking for coconut oil but they were all out.  I ordered some from our meat lady (there's a nice nickname for someone, huh?) and will be getting 1 gallon delivered soon.  What I'm going to do with 1 gallon of coconut oil heaven only knows!

1 comment:

Sugarbug Boutique said...

It's comment night!! I need to know more about this! We have been looking for something like this for a while.