Tuesday, November 30, 2010

teacher bag and an item off the list


Here's an item now off my to-do list. My sister has just finished up her student teaching and wanted to give her supervising teacher a teacher bag similar to the one I made for her. I made a few changes based on feedback from her using it now for the entire semester.

Like the first bag, it unzips on the sides to lay out flat.


One side has a large pocket for folders (tan spot on the left), a three pocket section (black with dots area), and a clear pocket sectioned into 4 pockets.

The other side has a large pocket for folders (tan on the right of picture), pencil pockets (black with dots) and a zipper section (tan).

She picked the fabrics and we had Carole at Frog Belly Soup do the embroidery. It's good to know someone who can do an 'emergency embroidery' job. I finished just in time. I'm overnighting it to her first thing in the morning.

My favorite part is still that there are a number of places to carry file folders without spilling out the papers.

Ok, back to packing boxes and sewing puppet curtains.

4 comments:

Carole Davids said...

At some point I think Im going to need a zipper tutorial. lol

Unknown said...

Great Teacher bag. I know she will love it!! Love all the detail!

KimMalk said...

How nice, you did another wonderful job. The fabrics look great together.

Deidre said...

YAY!!! So glad you posted this one on the linky party! Great job with the tutorial!