Wednesday, May 16, 2012

art show


The art show is going on at my church right now.  It goes down two hallways with artwork on all four sides of each wall set up.  There are some really cool pieces.  And some pieces I just don't understand.  At all. 



Here are my neighbors.  The theme was 'prodigal,'  based on the prodigal son story.  Each artist had to write up their own inspiration piece to have displayed with their artwork.  It was interpreted so many different ways. 


Anyway, I didn't list mine as 'for sale' like most everyone else because I didn't know what to put on it price wise.  What if I set the price too high and then make it look like I think it's so great or set it to low and then I under-judge the piece.  I just didn't know, so I'm going to keep it.  It was easier that way.  Some pieces are set at prices that I think, really?  really?  $800?   Anyway, I didn't do it for that.  It was a personal challenge.  I can't wait to hear what next years theme is.

No comments: