Wednesday, May 9, 2012

lemon cookies

I think your taste buds change when you're pregnant and then they are forever funked and changed afterwards. I love lemon. Didn't love it until after one of the kids.  Can't remember who it was now, I forget a lot of things when I don't get enough sleep. 

Anyway, I love love lemon and these lemon cookies, which involve real lemon juice and lemon zest are amazing.  I found the recipe at LDS Living, which I found via pinterest. 


I've made two batches now and, I can't say enough about them.  Oh man, they are good- if you like butter and sugar and all.  I will say that they are best without browning the bottoms at all and just a tad under-baked.  They are my current motivation for exercising.  Run a little, eat some cookies.  I like that plan, but lets just eat the cookies first.

Here's the brief version of the recipe which I only post here in case some day that website is down and I need the recipe.  I might have a situation when I NEED the recipe.   You should go to the real posting though, read the full directions, and then get baking!

Lemon Crinkle Cookies

½ cups butter, softened
1 cup sugar
½ t vanilla
1 egg
1 t lemon zest
1 T fresh lemon juice
¼ t salt
¼ t baking powder
⅛ t baking soda
1-½ cup flour
½ cups powdered sugar


Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice.  Stir in all dry ingredients slowly, excluding the powdered sugar. Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat.  Bake for 9-11 minutes at 350 degrees  Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.



No comments: