Tuesday, March 16, 2010

treasures dispalyed

My treasures from yesterday are too good to just sit on a shelf. I have plans to display several things. Here first, is the button display. I picked up a 12x12 shadow box frame from Joann's for 50% off. I tried out several different papers from my scrapbook stash.


I ended up going with the red paper.

Here are my favorite old button cards glued to the paper. It looks super cute on the wall in my sewing room.... well as good as something can look on wood colored paneling.

Thinking of ways to display old patterns.... Any ideas?

6 comments:

Amanda A. said...

now my brain is working way hard (on one cup of coffee) to come up with pattern displays! only thing i got was to string a rope across the wall and hang them on the rope with clothesline clips. i'll keep pondering...

Amanda A said...

oh and i love the buttons...great idea Beth!

Anonymous said...

I like Amanda's idea--sounds neat.
I would use fishing line or black thread so it blends in with the wall and the buttons will look like they are "floating"

Love Always

Dad

Carole Davids said...

You could hang them up like you do the kids art work, open frame with a large clampy thing(technical term there;)Then if you ever decide to use them, they are accessible

mommyslittlemonkeys said...

I have an idea which is modified from something I saw on a website a few weeks back. You can use old shutters and slide them into the slats or if you have a LOT of old patterns or even ones you are using you could use an old accordion closet door and it's slats. They would be perfect slots for patterns or mail, cards, etc.

Renee said...

That is unbelievably DARLING!!! You are so darn creative. Love stopping by your blog to see what you've been up to! Thanks for sharing!!!! Now I'll be on the look out for estate sales to try to find buttons on cards. Who'd have known they could be so cute framed!