Monday, March 29, 2010

1st of the season

Too bad I'm not saying this about something picked from my garden, but it's still the first of the season. It's garage sale season. Bee and I stumbled upon this great garage sale this past weekend.

The one specific item I'm looking for right now are items for Bee's tea party birthday party (that is not until July). I lucked out and found three pretty little table clothes/table runners for her guest's little tables. One prized find was the little beaded purse that had a pair of little girl gloves inside. The saleslady said that she got these when she was a flower girl in a wedding. I'm not sure how old she was, but she said she had just retired. She said it was time for this treasure to be passed on.



Now, I'm clearly not in love with cat hoop decoration, but I did love getting a wooden hoop for 50 cents. I have already ripped out the cat quote and have a wooden hoop waiting for a project. The biscuit cutters are going to be better than the top of a glass, which is what I usually use for making biscuits or round rolled out about cookies. Another 50 cents well spent. The little bitty containers were just too cute to put back. I am not sure what will fit in them and I think I've already lost one lid, but they are fun.


Bee has almost worked her way through the stationary box I made her for Christmas. We found this tremendous box of stationary and cards for $5. I didn't want to pay that much, but the lady kept throwing in more stationary. There were several gems in there which I rescued for myself. Bee of course thought they were all great.

Ahhh- and the season is just beginning. Are you a garage sale shopper?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love a good garage sale, either selling or buying. In fact sometimes when I'm buying something I'm already thinking how much I'll get for it in a few years.

Happy Buying-

Love Always,
Dad

grandma said...

I see some things I can send in my next junk package. I have a wooden hoop and lots of cards, etc. There is a lots of old embroidered scarfs, etc.

Carole Davids said...

I cant wait for the sales. I have a few things I will be looking for this year.