Sunday, March 7, 2010

St. Patrick's shamrock garland

When I was making our heart garland, I spied her shamrock garland. I finally sat down and got it made this last week. The directions can be found here at Skip To My Lou. Each shamrock whips up in 4 minutes. Seriously, I timed it.

I picked up that old jelly jar at a thrift shop for 50 cents. It perfect for small sewing items because the lid fits on tightly. I think I ended up needing 29 or so of the shamrocks for our mantel.

They just get strung up with a chain stitch.


The items on our mantel are a stretch so far. We just gathered green things... green sea glass, a green pitcher, and sometimes a plastic Tyrannosaur sits up there. We'll work on it a little more and then share a picture.

I'm not sure what the rules are for sharing crochet patterns.... I do like to keep copies of things on my site too, just in case the other person looses their site or deletes the post. I'd hate to not have a copy of something because I relied on a link. This is from Skip to My Lou who borrowed and or adapted it from Suzie's Stuff.
So here is the pattern for a shamrock: Chain 4, join with a slip stitch in first chain to form a ring. Petal (make 3): Chain 3, trc, dc, trc, ch 3, slip stitch in ring. Stem: Chain 6, sc in 2nd chain from hook, and slip stitch in remaining four chains. Fasten off. Weave in ends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the shamrocks bring you good luck

Love Always,

Dad

grandma said...

I believe you can now read patterns. I see nothing wrong with using green glass and green things. It will be fun looking for Irish objects.