Friday, March 26, 2010

Bird painting and other Easter ish things

This is sort of a randomness of spring post.

First, let me say that this warm weather and playing outside is wearing us out! Both kids said they wanted to lay on the couch instead of eating dinner. For once, hubby and I didn't fight the kids not wanting to be at the table. Instead we enjoyed our alone dinner like it was a date. Things were very quiet in the other room...and then we found two kids OUT! They both peed on the couch shortly later.


This was out first spring in this house and were hoping for some surprises in the yard. We were delighted to have several patches of daffodils. These guys are of some miniature variety.

We have picked hundreds. There are still many out there to be picked.


I had to include this picture. I returned from the store to find the camera out one day. Hubby (still home recovering from back surgery) had been taking pictures of the squirrels. These silly guys were using their tails as umbrellas.

There has been so much tree climbing. I've been doing some climbing too! I have a scrapped up elbow to show for it too! This is currently Lou's favorite shirt. He has worn it for the past three days. I have told hubby that he needs to stop doing so much laundry. This seems to have become a hobby since being home with us.


Bee likes to show off her mad climbing skills.


We've been doing some spring decorating. That poor St. Patrick's stuff only gets a few days out, then it's time for Easter decorations.

The dollar store had these little birds. I had an idea to give them a light blue washing of paint. When the kids saw me get out the supplies though and they jumped all over it and took over my project. Lou painted his bright blue and Bee painted hers bright yellow.




We sort of have a Easter/spring/bird theme going on on our mantel right now. Look closely and you'll see my light blue bird, Bee's yellow bird, but no Lou's blue bird. He's squirreled it away in his room. I'll have to post a picture of his night stand drawer some time. That's where he hides away 'his' treasures. I'm pretty sure the missing coaster is somewhere in there.


The kids and I did some planting in the garden about two weeks ago now but nothing has come up. We are baffled. The neighbors might suspect us of having buried a body in the backyard. Our small garden plot is amusing and slightly suspicious.

4 comments:

grandma said...

The birds are all pretty. I think I still have a small mobile in the basement of birdhouses. I will send it in the next box of junk.

Anonymous said...

Jill doesn't like it when I sleep on the coach. She's afraid I will pee in my sleep. Haven't yet but she's still concerned.

Your mantle looks great. I can't tell what the cross is made of.

Love Always,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Jill doesn't like it when I sleep on the coach. She's afraid I will pee in my sleep. Haven't yet but she's still concerned.

Your mantle looks great. I can't tell what the cross is made of.

Love Always,
Dad

Jennifer Juniper said...

Ooh! The peeing on the couch thing during an impromptu nap always happened around here too!