Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sushi- third try is the charm

Last weekend my sister came over and we made sushi. It was try number three for me, and the best try yet. I'm getting there.


We cooked the rice using this method. We seasoned the rice by adding some sugar dissolved in rice wine vinegar. It's based on this recipe from the pioneer woman. We did roll this one longways, but the rest were rolled starting at the short side (like seen here on Sew Cute) and we liked it better that way.


It turns out my sister has some sushi rollin skills. That new rolling mat made a world of difference (thanks again Amanda!).


We included salmon this time, it was good although next time I'll use a better cut of it.


Alright, that's it. I have thoroughly discussed it and don't plan to write about it any more. Plus, it takes me hungry.

No comments: