Saturday, March 3, 2012

healthy lunch box oat balls


This is a mystery recipe.  I've been saving random 'to make for school lunches' recipes up in a folder since before Bee was born. Most are random clippings.  I don't know where this came from.  Sorry for no original source.  Either way, it's yummy pretty healthy treat for our packed lunches, rushed breakfast, and my snacking.

Lunch box Oat Balls:
2 c oats
1/2 c dried fruit
1/3 c chopped nuts
1/4 c sugar (I use a scant 1/4 c)
1/4 c brown sugar (not packed so much)
1/4 t salt
3 egg whites  (I use 2 whole eggs)
1 t vanilla

form into balls and bake 350 degrees @12 minutes.

After they cool, we store them in an airtight container on the counter, and freeze some for later.  Not sure how long they'll stay good like that; ours never make it to any great time length without getting eaten.

No comments: