Tuesday, November 20, 2012

October's book

I added our read for October to our master book list.

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NimhFinally!  Back to a really really good book.  I can't believe I have never read this.  We all couldn't wait for the next chapter.  We even got baths early several nights so that we could read extra.  This is a great one for boys and girls both, even daddies!  It's starts with the story of a mother mouse trying to save her children and ends with an exciting adventure of super smart rats setting up their own self sufficient habitat. 

We had two not so great reads prior, so it was good to get back to something really great. 

On a side note, we saw the video on netflixs and watched it.  Not a good book to movie film.  It's animated, it strays far from the main story line.  The kids were just as disappointed as I was.   It had this weird element of magic and talking to the dead.  They also took a good character and turned him bad, trying to kill off the rat leader.  It was just sad what they did to a great book.  Lou kept saying, "I don't remember this part!"

1 comment:

Jill said...

My children's lit teacher was telling us about this book! I may have to check it out :)