Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It gets better, right?


I know it won't get better for some time.  We're just beginning...  Bee is only 6. I thought this clothes drama would wait until she was older.  This morning there were at least 6 outfits laid on the floor plus a closet full and drawers full of clothes and still.... "I have nothing to wear!"  There were tears.  She was upset too.


While we are in her room, check out the mess of a desk she calls her art studio. Mess.


Here is her fish tank from Christmas which we've really been happy with.  She bought some more fish with the rest of her Christmas money last week.


My favorite are the big mystery snails.  Man, are they cool to watch!  Those snails never fought their mother on what to wear.  I bet they would have worn whatever she laid out.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It might be painful, but I cracked down by using the days of the week hanging shelves in the closet. Whatever day you have laundry done, you fill it up with as much input as you wish to allow (as little as possible at first). I do it right down to the socks and undies, hair doodads, accessories, every last thing. Reward system for every day there is no conflict over wearing what was already chosen. My kids fill it themselves now while putting their own laundry away - the light at the end of the wardrobe/laundry tunnel!

gsueagles2000 said...

So funny. Girls are different that's for sure! My boys could care less about what they put on. Lyla is almost 2 and a half and has an opinion already! On the bright side, your big girl isn't throwing up and her fish are well cared for! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, you used to write wonderful, but the last several posts have been kinda boringกK I miss your tremendous writings. Past several posts are just a little out of track! come on!
Scarpa Women's Kailash GTX Lady Hiking Boot