Wednesday, October 20, 2010

politics

No real post today. I went to my first PTA meeting last night and came home grumpy about it. I didn't want to sit at the computer and write. I apparently do not yet understand the politics and who the power people are in the group. It was the meeting where we decided how about $25,000 got to be spent for the fall/winter. The school had submitted a 'wish list' of items they wanted. Some things were very important to some people and some other items that seemed important to me were not viewed as important by the group. Money can do that to people.


In other news, Lou broke the living room window. Crud. According to him, it was an accident. He didn't mean to throw the remote at the window, he was clearly aiming for his sister's head. Brotherly love.

2 comments:

grandma said...

You will learn politics are everywhere. The least you know about what is going on the happier you will be. Just think about the accident-how lucky the window isnt larger.

Unknown said...

I felt the same way at PTA meeting. They went through every purchase from last year and how much it cost and I felt like they could have spent the money better or at least shopped smarter!