Saturday, October 9, 2010

Spooky Books

As part of my non-hoarding, I've been collecting old books from the recycle center and garage sales. I saw some fun spooky books made from old hard back books last year. When I finally had some books this year, I couldn't really find anything online with pictures.

Here are my old books:


I sanded the edges and roughed them up a bunch. Then I added new titles to them. If I'd had a metallic sharpie, I would have done some with that. But, I just used what was on hand, a black sharpie.



We now have a books titled: History of Magic, Dragon Care, ___ of Witches, Intro to potion, and Spells.


Hubby has put the TV on the mantel, and while I like it being up and out of the way, I miss the mantel space. I'm left with just little corners to decorate.


The kids put some chunky yarn and their face spiders and footprint ghost from last year on the curtains.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

What a fun idea!!

Michelle said...

Cute! I wish I would have seen these before I made mine!! If you have a second check mine out!!

- Michelle @ Bunch of Craft

Melissa said...

This is such a cute idea! I will have to try it

Melissa
http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Terrell said...

Yeah...I am so gonna have to snag this idea...hope you don't mind :D These are sooo creative! Way to go, girly! I'm so excited to be your newest follower and would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Be sure to link up your fun finds every Friday at my Fabulous Finds Party! Hope to see you there!!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

Lori said...

Very cool!

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori!