Saturday, February 5, 2011

spinach artichoke dip.... cause you'll be watching the superbowl

You may be watching the Superbowl, but probably not me.  In theory, it's a good idea.  Friends, snack foods, exciting TV (depending on what you call exciting- but it only takes the first two to get me somewhere).  But, it's late and it's a school night.  I'll be at home this year.


This is a recipe from my mom.  We had a little shin dig when the Bears were still in the playoffs and this is one of the treats I mixed up.  I have an artichoke dip, but this certainly has a little something extra.  I also made shrimp toast  cups and hubby made his dip.


This is supposed to be the Applebee's knock off, but it taste like Olive Garden's to me.  I've probably only had each of those one or two times though. (Mom, we went to Olive Garden the other day and I was having all of these lovely memories of going to the one in Marion with you and Betsy and Carolyn.  Seems like we went a lot!)

Spinach Artichoke dip
1 can artichoke (not in oil-yuck)  dice up smaller if needed
10 oz frozen spinach (rinse in a colander, drain, wring out in a dish towel)
1 c parmesan cheese
1/2 mozzarella cheese  (shred it)
2/3 jar of alfredo sauce
4 oz cream cheese
mix all together and bake 350 for 40 minutes.  Serve warm with some favorite crackers.  I'm  all about a good triscuit here.




Here's my old standby artichoke dip.  Still good.  Still a standby.  Also, my neighbor Abbey made up several goodies too and I was going to link to one.  I was sure I'd put the recipe here before.  Guess not:  Here's some delicious buffalo chicken dip with no picture.

Buffalo chicken dip
8 oz cream cheese 
1/4 c hot sauce
1/8 c blue cheese salad dressing (full fat!)
@ 1 c. shredded chicken

mix all together and serve warm.  Abbey has a tiny crock pot.  She doubles this recipe and she just lets it brew in there.  Serve with tortilla chips. 

The two of us were in cream cheese comas and it was reflected the next morning at the gym. In fact, I'm thinking we were texting each other at 4:30 with excuse not to go, mostly tummy related.

1 comment:

Lesia said...

Yes we went there often. I have many good memories from "the good old days". Every time I go there I think of all of us going there.