Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine outfits

Bee wanted one for those tulle twirly skirts that are everywhere right now.  I told her I would make her one and then we saw a pink skirt and top on clearance and picked it up.   The skirt isn't as layered as I would have made it, but I couldn't pass this up for $5.   It was plain, but I easily spruced it up. 


We made a freezer paper stencil with the letters LVE.  We used purple paint and then a layer of sparkly clear paint.   I cut out a fabric heart using some wonder under and stitched it on for the O.  Bee wanted the heart to have an arrow through it.  I used some embroidery floss and stitched an arrow on.  She sent me back for a longer arrow. 


I added a few fabric yo-yos to the skirt, which she didn't leave on for long.  I also made one for her hair.  


The idea and pattern for Lou's shirt came from Helping Little Hands.


He loved having a boy valentines shirt.  I used her pattern, but painted the windows and wheels by hand instead of cutting them out of the freezer paper stencil.


He's been wearing these pants everytime they are clean.  They fit much better this year.  He says they are comfy on his knees when he plays. 


This shirt is a handme down from a friend.  It the softest t-shirt I've ever seen.  I'm going to have to look into these.

2 comments:

Lesia said...

Cute shirts! I especially like the shirt for Luke- hard to find something for boys. I understand why you didn't want to cut out the small details.

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Thanks so much for letting me know! His shirt turned out awesome. I especially like how you have the parts of the semitruck connected. I also love all his expressions in the pics. It makes me think of taking pictures of my kids. I never seem to get the picture perfect poses some other bloggers manage...but the kids' personalities sure come through!

I'm going to be doing a readers' feature sometime in the next week or so with other shirts people have made. I'd love to include a picture of your little guy and a link back here if that's okay.