Thursday, May 12, 2011

Batman hat- finally done

The second lost post was about this batman hat. I finished up Lou's batman hat.  It's knitted in a long rectangle, folded in half and then blanket stitched straight down the sides. Easy stuff. Knitting just takes me longer, so it was a drawn out project.  That explains why I finished this hat in late April.  I probably started it in February, maybe January!


The straight lined top on a curved head makes the bat ears by itself.


Lou really likes it. 


The only not so basic thing about this hat is that it has eye holes.  If you roll down the band, you can use them.  Lou prefers not to use them. They are just buttonholes stitched in .


Here's the kicker though.  I don't know where I saw the idea.  It's one of those things that I saw somewhere and I thought, "interesting, but not for me."  Then I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I tried to google it and look through my history, but it's no where to be found.  It had a funny name and I just can't remember.  If you've seen it somewhere, help me out.  If not, I'm sure I'll come across it someday and then I can update.   

No comments: