Thursday, October 15, 2009

fall math games

There are so many great resources out there for parents of little ones who want to provide some fun and educational opportunities. ABC 123 is chalked full of great educational ideas. Here are a few recent idea we got there and tried this weekend. This egg carton counting game and apple/acorn counting tree idea came from Pre-K pages, which was featured on ABC 123.



I found a clipart image of a tree outline on google and printed it up a few times on the computer. I wrote a number on the trunk and the kids used Q-tips to paint on either acorns (brown paint)or apples (red paint). We ended up turning them into a little book.





These math grids are from Teach Mama and they have been so much fun. Lou is counting "8, 9, 10" and "1,2,4,6" I think he's getting close to getting it right. All we do when we play is to roll the large dice and place that many markers on our grids. We play until everyone fills their board. I laminated ours so they will last all season. This simple game is a favorite!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool.

Love Always,

Dad

Katie said...

I love that you put the ideas to good use right away! Thanks so much for mentioning ABC and 123 in your post! We are so glad to have friends and readers like you!!
Happy Fall!

Elise said...

I have just come over from ABC 123 where I saw your blog featured. After seeing the name of your blog and your Halloween spiders I was keen to see more of your blog. I am so happy that I have stopped by to visit as I have seen lots of creative and inspirational ideas here that I am also going to try with my children. Any ideas that I use of yours I will link back to you on my blog.

I have already listed your blog in my favourites and look forward to popping back regularly.

teachmama said...

thanks so much for featuring our grid games!

I always love to see and hear how our things work in other people's homes!