Saturday, October 31, 2009

stew and witches fingers


I love the stew at Smokey Bones. I'd love it more if it wasn't so spicy. This is the closest recipe I have come across and isn't a lick spicy. I suppose you could add whatever hot sauce or spicy ingredient spicy loving people use. I don't even know. It cooks in the crock pot all day and smells yummy. 
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 roast (beef) of your choice (or stew meat)
1/2 t salt
1 T sugar
3 T tapioca (this comes in a little box in the pudding section)
carrots diced up (About 1 c)
celery diced up (about 1/2 c)
corn (about 3/4 cup)
diced up onion (1/4 c ish)

The kids helped me whip up some witches fingers which are just bread sticks with almonds for fingernails. Pretty spooky.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Tapioca? Interesting! Im a new follower. Thanks for the recipe.