Saturday, October 17, 2009

Shop news and a grown up pirate

I have decided to remove capes from my shop, at least through Christmas. I really don't like making them in mass quantities and I have decided that if I'm going to continue enjoying having a shop, it is silly to have to sew things that I don't like sewing. That's also the reason I do not have my lunch bags listed. I will continue to make both items for special gifts, etc, and may list them again when things slow down in etsy-land, which is after Christmas.

I mailed out several orders today. I was not busy like this last year at this time. Perhaps more people are interested in handmade costumes this year to save money? Two orders are ones I am hoping to see pictures of for sure. I sent out an adult sized Diego bag and Dora Backpack for a couples costume! I also sent out a adult sized pirate hat an eye patch and those went to my dad. I will get a picture of that for sure, I can count on my sister.




We made these little ghost footprints to include in my dads package. Bee is getting so fast at writing. Preschool is helping with this I think.



I made the elastic pretty long. Id it's too short (Dad), just cinch it up a little and knot it in the back. I think the hat should be big enough, but if it isn't, just cut right along the current hole, just the tiniest bit at a time. Use Jill's nice scissors, they're are probably hidden from you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the wee ghostie feetprint!

Can;t wait to see your Dad ala Pirate mode!

Anonymous said...

Jill has good scissors?

Love Always,
Dad

Clara said...

I was just looking at your shop last night, and wondering what happened to the capes. I saw capes in the Family Fun magazine and thought maybe I could do them myself, hahaha... then I looked on Etsy! My ideas for the kids this xmas is capes and tutu's..... Guess I better look on etsy and order early! Cute ghost idea! You are so creative!

Unknown said...

Waving!

If you would like to promote your handmade goodies, check out my new idea!

http://one-hip-mom.blogspot.com/2009/10/craft-co-op.html