Thursday, June 4, 2009

shirt to a dress

I got pretty excited when hubby told me that his company changed logos and he had to get rid of old work button ups. I had been wanted to try to turn a men's button up into a dress for Bee (cause a girl can never have enough dresses). I have been saving this link for awhile and excitedly got to work last night. I made two... so far... it's a little addicting.

First shirt of hubby's and old belt from my sister's garage sale:



Cut out, I selected some IKEA scrap fabric for a belt:



Done and modeled:

Here is an old shirt of mine that I think I got the year I student taught. I always liked it, but haven't worn it since we moved to Florida. Before:



Cut, I wanted some little puffy sleeves this time and no belt:


done:

I didn't want a belt, so I scrunched up the back a little with elastic thread. It's rigged a bit, I don't know how well it will hold.




I wrote up this post several days ago. Here is Bee modeling the red dress on Sunday.

2 comments:

Kelly Nieman Anderson said...

I love this dress! The blue one looks like something from a fashion catalog!

Yocumotion said...

SO CUTE!!!!