Monday, June 1, 2009

Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?

Who me? Yes you. Couldn't be. Then who?

It was Lou. Lou stole the cookies, maybe not from the cookie jar, like the song says- but he did steal them.

Bee and I made cookies while Lou was taking the worlds longest nap. This is a super easy cookie recipe that all the ladies in my family like to make and all the boys in the family like to eat. I always keep the ingredients on hand since they make for a super quick and yummy treat.





Cherry Cookies
1 box cherry cake mix (I usually use strawberry)
2 eggs
¼ c oil
¼ c cherry juice
Cherries -cut in half for top
350° 10 min



The origional recipe calls for 1/2 oil and no cherry juice. This is a little change I made to cut out a bit of fat and give them a stronger cherry flavor. My aunt uses the full amount of oil and hers are more 'cakey'. I like a super soft cookie so I pull them out when they are plenty soft.




Lou stole the the cookies from the cooling rack. I caught him on film. Turns out that he just wanted the cherries.



2 comments:

Kimara said...

Congratulations. You won Wee Folk Art's gnome and sleeping bag. I emailed you at the email address you used on line, but I like to follow up at a website if someone has one. Just send your shipping info to weefolkart@yahoo.com and we'll get your new little friend in the mail to you the next day!

Now, about the post... All houses with children have "Cookie Monsters"! At least he didn't get them all! I love to see all the cooking you do with your children! Lucky wee folk!

Anonymous said...

This is funny. I can remember putting extra cherries on top for Chris. gma