Saturday, June 4, 2011

the art show

Here's something else to do with all that kid art work that gets collected.  I keep so much, I display a lot, I save others, but there's still a lot of art work gathering around the house.  I hate to have to throw it out.  So the kids came up with the idea of an art show.


We displayed some of the available artwork on a hallway wall using painters tape.  Many relatives were in town for Lou's birthday so we had our show over that weekend.  Each item was priced at 25 cents a piece.


At the end of the show, most of the artwork was in new hands and the kids had a few quarters in theirs. 


We've decided that the art show will be an annual event. The grandparents better start saving their quarters because Bee and Lou are already saving their art.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Oh my goodness what a great idea!!! LOVE it.

Kelly said...

fantastic idea! We love their art - we still have Easter Card on display, I think!

cherib said...

hahaha! How clever you are!! GREAT idea!!