Sunday, June 19, 2011

the car wash

We got invited to a birthday party for one of my preschool students.  I'll never pass up birthday cake and cute friend (plus he has the sweetest family) so we were happy to go.   This little friend of mine is super into car washes.  He loves car washes in a crazy way.

His parents built him a car wash based off plans from family fun magazine.  We were all very impressed and I thought you'd like to see just how cool it turned out.   These are taken with Bee's camera.  I didn't think to take one.  Glad one of us is on the ball. 



The bar in front opens out for the car to go through. 



Here's the sign out front. 

All the signs were made from foam paper and attached with velcro.

Lou and my newly 4 year old friend ran through the wash several times. 

A garden hose is connected to the pvc pipes and there are holes drilled in to allow the spray to come out. 


The boys ran it without the water going before turning it on. 

This photo sort of shows the spray coming.  It comes out in several spots in different directions.  


His dad is an engineer and his mom was a school teacher, which I think explains the cool construction and the overall cuteness and addition of special details.  

I can't wait to show you what we got hubby for Father's Day.  I finally got the grandpa gifts in the mail today.... the day before.  Guess they're going to be late.

2 comments:

jess_hak said...

This is really cute! My hubby is an engineer....wonder if he could whip one up for me? lol

I wanted to tell you too that your camp birthday theme turned out so awesome. So many fantastic elements. You did a lot of planning and put in a lot of work for that. :)

JoAnna said...

OMG that is sooooo funny. We own a car wash, so how anyone could be obsessed with one is beyond me,but they didn't forget a single thing in this one! Very nicely made!