Thursday, August 11, 2011

hello first grade

There was a little bit of crying this morning, but Bee survived.  

 

When we dropped her off at school, the kids were are waiting in their class groups in the lobby (there are only 4 classes at her school) so it wasn't a crazy situation.  Bee realized that all the other girls in her class knew each other except her  (She was the only girl from her class to go on to first grade at this building).  She was very upset.  I didn't  think hubby was going to let her walk down the hall but I assured him that by the end of the day, she'd have made friends.

When we picked her up, she couldn't stop talking about her two new bestest friends, one of whom she couldn't remember her name.  She's going to be fine.


Lou struggled more that anyone I think.  He was excited about this extra time with me at home, but he quickly realized that he missed her.  He sucked his thumb all day (which he isn't supposed to do since his birthday- but I looked the other way)  and talked about what they'd do when she got home.


He didn't want to let her go to school without a hug!  Also, our morning charts helped tremendously this morning.  I didn't have to remind her to do anything!  Rock on!


I asked 1000 questions when she got home, but the best part of the day for her was that she got to buy a milk even though she packed a lunch.  It was chocolate.  She said, "Did you know that milk came in those little cartons in chocolate?"  I didn't tell her that we used to get strawberry!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

So excited that she is having a great time!

Sandy said...

So glad she had a good first day of school! Aww, so sweet that Lou missed her :)

JoAnna said...

ugh dont' tell her that our milk came in crates and it always smelled rotten and i wouldn't have touched it with a 10 foot pole. and there were no choices, white or nothing it was.

jess_hak said...

How sweet that your little guy missed her that much! I must say that I don't blame your hubby....I probably would've had a hard time letting her walk down the hall too with her being so upset. I'm glad she found some new friends quickly! :)

I love that first pic of her!