Monday, August 1, 2011

birthday interview

I had planned to have this post back in July, but that's just how things go sometimes.  Each year at the kid's birthdays, I've done a birthday interview.  This is the first year that I've asked them to help me fill it out.  Here are a few old ones, although not all the pictures turned out well.  Most are scrapbooked and the flash is bright against the protective sheet.


Hannah at 1, must have not gotten photographed, but we do have it.

Each age has mostly the same questions; weight, height, number of teeth, favorite foods, favorite show, favorite animal, favorite book, favorite songs, favorite toys, best friends, favorite activities favorite songs , dislikes, etc.   Many change for the age:  body parts they can name, favorite website, counting, words spoken, words written, reading, teeth lost, etc.


I also add a list of special things they did that year and some things they are looking forward to.  For three years Bee's said she was looking forward to staying dry at night!


I started doing this because I didn't keep a regular 'baby book' with places for dates and this type of information.  I just scrapbooked (past tense, I'm over a year behind now!).


It's fun looking back at their favorite things.  Some things never change.  I think Lou has listed hotdogs as a favorite food since year 1.  That's quality parenting, feeding your 1 year old a hotdog.  Guilty.  Here's Lou's from this year.  He helped a little. He doesn't like homework or chores.  nice.



Bee helped a lot with hers this year. Can you believe she doesn't like watermelon.  Maybe she's asked the raccoons to come and eat ours from the garden!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

What a cute idea! I would love to do that for the kids but I am a few years late. Maybe I can just start where they are?? 3 and almost 2.

mommyslittlemonkeys said...

Great idea! I'm going to have to use it myself! I have the baby book but am not good about keeping it up. Once a year per child is doable!

Sugarbug Boutique said...

Love this idea!! I saw one on a blog for Mother's Day/Father's Day where they ask various questions about their mother/father each year...it was really cute too.