Saturday, August 6, 2011

unattended

This week has been a shuffle of activity here. Getting ready for school and this weird compulsive need I had this week to bake and cook and can and freeze things. I feel like Caroline Ingalls when Mary was going off to school. I feel like there is so much sewing and cooking to do and it's just Bee going to first grade.


The kids have spent some extra time this week just playing together.  They don't even want me to play, it's just them.  I'm trying to let them just do that.  Lou will miss her so much when she's gone all day at school.  So, they've been down the hall playing and I've been in the kitchen 'nesting.'


Leaving my kids unattended is a messy choice.   Both rooms can get like this in about 15 minutes!  Lucky they clean up in just a few minutes too.

2 comments:

Ott, A. said...

It's hard to believe summer is almost over and kids are heading back to school. I also wanted to invite you to our "Canning Week 2011 Blog Party". I know you stopped by last year and hope you can participate again this year. We will have lots of prizes and linky's, recipes and tips and of course fun. So stop by for a Latte' Aug. 22-26.

Sugarbug Boutique said...

I can't believe it's almost over. I've been praying for all of you teachers. I am going to miss you all so much this year! Pres and Arden would love to have little Lou over to play while Parker is at school.