Monday, April 19, 2010

how to ruin dinner method #36

Great, you're back. You ruined dinner using method 17, 42, and 29. You're going to love method #36. It's a fix it and forget kinda ruin. It's really a method and not a recipe. You can apply this technique to many family favorites.

Today, I'm ruining a whole chicken and chopped vegetables. You can choose a different crock pot meal, but whatever it is make sure you put it in nice and early, by 7 am or so. Make sure to have a busy day. Super busy. Think a lot about how smart you were to put dinner in the crock pot before your day got going.

Here's where the ruin comes in. Plug it in, but give it a little pull. Make sure it's not all the way plugged in. Too far in the plug and you will not ruin your dinner.

9+ hours later and things are perfect. Raw chicken and crunchy fresh vegetables. You ruined dinner. You might as well give the neighbors a call, see what they're having.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I've already ruined dinner like this! Glad to know the problem is contagious.

Anonymous said...

I love to laugh at myself. I might as well......others are.

Love Always,
Dad

grandma said...

It is so easy to do something similar when you are having a busy day. The only thing you can do is cry and freeze it until trash day.

Phyllis said...

Oh, my...our whole family, down to our 5 year old was laughing hard at this one! Very well written! I have done the same thing. I went away for the day, confidant that dinner would be done when we got home only to find a raw room temperature mess. I didn't even attmept to plug it in! It happens.
-Phyllis