Monday, January 10, 2011

crochet snowflake garland


I don't have a fireplace mantel at our new house but I'm still into the crochet garlands.  Last year I made heart garland and St.Patrick's Day garland.  This year, I thought snowflakes might be fun.  


I found these directions for making your own crochet snowflake garland.  I think mine looks much different than those pictured and I don't know why.  I changed the way they are joined to just a chain at the top. 


I used up the rest of the white wool yarn I had left over from this felted wool bag.  I am not sure where it will end up being hung, but right now I'm OK with it hung by my wooden snowman


Here's the pattern from redheart.  


Ch 5; join with a slip st to form a ring.
Rnd 1: Ch 1, [2 sc in ring, ch 3] 6 times; join with a slip st
in first sc
Rnd 2: Slip st in next sc, ch 1, [(2 sc, ch 3, 2 sc) all in ch-3
loop] 6 times; join.
Rnd 3: Slip st in next sc, ch 1, [(sc, ch 3, sc, ch 5, sc, ch 3,
sc) all in ch-3 loop, ch 2] 6 times; join. Fasten off.

I'm linking up to some of these fine parties

No comments: