I had so much fun working with her pattern. I ended up making three shirts. I was determined to use fabric on hand. For the first shirt, I used flannel for the body and Jersey knit for the sleeves, tie, and waist band. The flannel is left over from sandwich wraps and the jersey knit was yardage from a friend who wasn't sure what to do with it. (Thanks Melissa! I've also used your fabric here for Bee's Thanksgiving dress and here for Lou's pirate costume)
Jessica's pattern was so easy to use. She included lots of details and great step by step pictures. She listened to our feedback and was so easy to work with.
I went with the long sleeve option for this one. It was 10 degrees when I made this. Spring seems no where in sight.
Bee is clearly getting into this modeling thing. I used to have to bribe her with jelly beans to get her to pose for me. This time she said she'd work for free.
For the next shirt, I tried linen for the body and tie. Gifted Jersey knit again for the sleeves and waist. I made this one a little smaller and went with the mid length sleeve option.
Since I'd already made up the two shirts that I told Jessica I was going to make, I went for a third with some variations. A girl can only have so many identical shirts. I added cuffs to the sleeves (I just used the same directions for adding the waist band). I made the waist band a little thinner than the other shirts and brought up the front cut of the shirt for a more 'sailor' look. Bee says this anchor makes it a boy shirt. I, on the other hand, am in love with this shirt. In love. The applique was easy to do (I've talked about it a time or two before). I bought a thrifted jean skirt and added some of the fabric to it too. It's all just too cute.