Wednesday, January 6, 2010

snowman tie-dye

A favorite friend in FL sent us the cutest kid made t-shirts just before Christmas. Here is the snowman shirt Lou received. I'll admit that I was completely wrong with how it was made. I thought it involved bleach. nope.

Full directions and photo tutorial here!

It's a tie-dye snowman:




It started out as a white shirt. Three different sized circles were gathered on top of each other and tied tightly. It was then dipped in a regular tie dye solution. When unwrapped and laid out to dry- a snowman was born.
The arms, face and hat are added with puffy paint, the buttons were sewn on.


I like that the snowman kinda looks like he is dancing. So cute... both of them.

4 comments:

Kimara said...

This is about the cutest t-shirt (and little boy, I might add :) that I've ever seen! I would have been hard pressed to suggestion tie-dying, but once you said it, DUH! Anyway... love it. I'll be linking on FaceBook :)

grandma said...

I believe Lu has turned into your new model. Like the cute shirt he is wearing.

Mama King said...

So cute! Both, Lu and the shirt!

Anonymous said...

I love the shirt. This would be a cute gift idea.

Love Always,

Dad