Monday, May 25, 2009

roarrrrrr

I have a roaring lion at my house and it's all because of a new shirt. I mentioned that we went to IKEA recently. A new store just opened in our area and we made our maiden voyage. It was overwhelming to say the least. It was way too crowded but full of wonderful things I could have spent hours looking at. Next time I'll go back during the week and possibly without the kiddos. I did buy some fabric.



I used the bright flowers and dots on the left for a slouch bag, made a birthday gift out of the two center fabrics and a shirt for Lou out of the kid print on the right. I have several ideas for the kid print, but have only finished the lion shirt.

I used some iron on wonder under stuff on the lion area, cut out the lion, and ironed him onto Lou's paint stained shirt. Finally, I sewed on the machine a nice little outline. I added a few leaves to cover some additional paint. Lou had a super good time wearing it today and spent most of the day roaring! We had a rather messy dinner and I think we may need some additional cover up work if all the sauce doesn't wash out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found Spray and Wash in the squirt bottle to take out Spagetti Sauce stains if I squirt it on before washing. g ma

Mama King said...

Wow, that came out amazing! I also love the bright cheery fabrics you got.

Jess said...

wishing I had an IKEA store here!