Friday, July 1, 2011

cover up- so red

This is how I do things. At 10 oclock the other night, I finished up with things upstairs and thought, "I've been sort of tired, I should go to bed early." Then I walked downstairs to say goodnight to hubby (he was working late in his office) and spied some red knit fabric on my shelf. An hour and 20 minutes later, I had a new swim suit cover up. I was still tired the next morning, I'm not sure how that worked out.


This is a super simple construction.  One rectangle in the back and the same sized rectangle in the front, cut in half.  A drawstring is added and bottom and wing sleeves are hemmed.   There's slightly more to it than that, but not really. 

I added pockets because I have a new addiction to side pockets.  My friend Melissa had a similar one on the other day at the spray park and I kept looking at it.  I think this red fabric jumped out for me because it was in a pile she brought over last summer.  So I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time in this!  I was getting a little over my Jimmi Hendrix cover up from two years ago and my towel dress from last year. 


The red is pretty bright, but in person it's not too bad.  I intended for the top to be a little lower cut, but I guess my sewing machine prefers me to be more modest.  I asked Lou what he thought and he said, "It's too short."  His daddy gave him a high five.  Bee rolled her eyes and took more pictures for me.


Bee took these two pictures of Lou.  They are funny together.   But, look at that!  That's a number 5 he's writing.  It's been our number the last few days we've been working on.  Good boy!


Bee's still enjoying this towel wrap from last year.


I'd be happy to make up another one of these and show more detail in the construction of the cover-up, if anybody is interested.  I could use a second one for sure!

3 comments:

JoAnna said...

Gosh that reminds me of my friend from a million summers ago whose mother could just look at something and make one of her own, no pattern necessary. They had these AWESOME beach coverups made from towels. In Greek they called them something like bernuzis. I have no idea how it would be spelled. I wanted one so badly!!

Unknown said...

Love it! Now I'm feeling bad for buying mine! haha

Sugarbug Boutique said...

Just saw this! It's really cute...and yours has pockets unlike mine and Melissa's store bought versions! :)