Friday, July 29, 2011

other little projects

There's been several summer birthday sewing projects. Here are a few of them. These drawstring backpacks have been the go-to boy gift this summer.  I think we've made up half a dozen.


We might tuck a little gift inside.


Or fill it up with school goodies.  These laminated printables are from 1+1+1=1 preschool packs.  This little guy's mom tells me his present from us has been the favorite. 


This quick rag bag was made up for a little friend.  The seams are on the outside, clipped and washed a dried to get a raggedy look.

For the girls, we've been giving puppet curtains too. 


So far Bee and Lou are mostly ok with me making the gifts they give.  Once we had a busy week and both kids had parties to go to.  We did make a toy store run then and another time Bee asked if we could please give her friend a store bought present.  I think she was looking for an excuse for me to take her to the mall.  

As long as they'll let me, I'll be happy to make the presents.  Do you have a go to kids birthday present?

2 comments:

mommyslittlemonkeys said...

Gabe loves his pack full of goodies! He sneaks it into his quiet/nap time. ;o)

jess_hak said...

I am not as crafty as you, but I really don't like to give 'toys' for gifts. I'm known as the 'arts & crafts' giver. Playdoh (homemade or store bought), beads, or my recent favorite: Pipsqueak markers and the really big jumbo coloring books (the ones the size of easel paper). :)