Wednesday, July 6, 2011

invented spelling

I don't think I've mentioned it before, but I love invented spelling.  I love little-kid-sounding-out-word spelling.  God love her, Bee has inherited my spelling. She can read anything, but spelling appears to be more of a challenge. She loves making books and magazines and made some fun things this summer.  

Here's a book called The Dinosaur Bone. Dinosaur is spelled Dineusr. Illustrated is spelled ilrstratd.


Here's the first page:  Once there was a little boy.  The little boy wanted to find a dinosaur bone.  He went outside and he went in the garage and got a shovel.


Here a few pages later:  He didn't know what to do with it.  He went to his mom.  His mom said, You found a dinosaur bone.

Here's a magazine she's been working on .  It's a butterfly garden magazine.  Here's a page that says, Some leaves will change color.


Here's another page,  This is a woodpecker eating.


Here's another fiction story, The Fairy Who Wanted New Wings. 


A few pages in:  One Christmas day the fairy discovered that she was growing new wings.


Here's a song.  I love you, yes I do, very much, I do.  I love the whole world.  Yes, I think I love you.


Soon she'll spell things right (or mostly, as in my case) but for now, I'm going to enjoy this invented spelling. Her goofy, silly spelling.

1 comment:

jess_hak said...

:) I love this. I remember making little books when I was little. What a little author you have on your hands!