Saturday, July 23, 2011

yard sale post .... like number 87

I'm not sure we'll go out in the heat to yard sale this weekend, but here are last weeks finds.  

We didn't need these at all.  We have a pretty big collection of trains and tracks and such, but this set was only $2 and I figure it will bring value when we are ready to part with our train table and tracks.  Not sure why my son is sitting on them and signing 'surprise.'  He's a surprise a lot of the time.


This old school sleeping bag was $3, but I talked her down to that.  I just liked the fabric and thought it would make a nice blanket to lay down in the yard or to keep for picnics or whatnot.


There was lots of fabric.  Most designer.  Most priced too high for me.  These light colored ones are fat quarters but were not marked.  They were bundled in sets.  I bought two sets at $2 each. 


These two fabrics were in the 50 cent box and I just thought they were cute.  I'm sure they'll get used for something.


I loved this cool cucumber fabric.  Again, no particular intentions with this, but I liked it. 


This bright print might be my favorite and I was happy to give $1 for it.  There might be a full yard of it.  I do have a project in mind for a corner of it at least.


As I'm writing this, it's Friday night.  I'm very much thinking about these delicious looking cinnamon roll pancakes for breakfast in the morning.  It will be a good Saturday here even if there are no yard sales for us!

3 comments:

JoAnna said...

I am so hot that that cucumber fabric is making me wish I could wrap myself in it and be cool!!

Danielle said...

Have you ever checked out Yardsalemommy.com??? It's pretty cool and it might be something you would be interested in. I am thinking about doing it myself. Also, I saw your post on FB for the pancakes and we made them Sat morning. My husband thought they were a lot of work (compared to regular pancakes!) but pretty tasty. They were very rich with the cream cheese drizzle.

jess_hak said...

Can I just say that the cucumber fabric just made my mouth water! :) So fun. I really love all that bird print fabric that you got in the bundles too. Can't wait to see what you make with them.